Job Title: Merchandise & Graphic Design Specialist
Department: Sales and Marketing
Classification: Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Marketing Division Lead
- Must have a BA/BFA in graphic design, illustration, fine arts or related field
- Must have 5 years of relevant work experience in design role
- Must have demonstrated, expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have ability to adapt to change quickly
- Must have an eye for aesthetics and details
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Must have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Background and understanding of craft beer and hop industry a plus but not required
From the beginning, Yakima Chief Hops set out to be a different kind of hop supplier. The family farms that make up Yakima Chief Hops have been driven by the desire to help both growers and brewers thrive by focusing on constantly improving beer’s greatest ingredient, the hop.
As a Merchandise & Graphic Design Specialist at Yakima Chief Hops you’ll have the exciting opportunity to join a collaborative, fast-paced team and help lead our efforts in merchandising! Our unique hop products, grower connection and brewer relationships are the backbone of Yakima Chief Hops and why our customers and hop enthusiasts around the world want to own our merch.
The Merchandise & Graphic Design Specialist position is responsible for curating products that align to our sustainable and responsible merchandise sourcing strategy. With direction from the Marketing Division Lead, Product Manager and Graphic Design Coordinator, you will be responsible for employee/department allocations, inventory, vendor selection, item selection, ordering, and fulfillment. On a daily basis you will be looking for ways to improve our merchandise’s quality, aesthetic and the process’s operational efficiency as well as assisting the Graphic Design Coordinator in general design needs.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Work within an established brand guidelines
- Work with Graphic Design Coordinator to produce final design
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand and meet trademark requirements
- Amend designs after feedback
- Stay up to date with merchandise trends as it pertains to the hop and beer industries
- Work directly with merchandise vendors and CSR Coordinator to determine alignment of Yakima Chief Hops’ mission, vision and values
- Manage inventories of all merchandise and ordering schedule
- Lead the formation of teams for item selection
- Manage sales team allocations of merchandise giveaways
- Manage the merchandise budget and ordering processes
- Manage the daily fulfillment, shipping and tracking of orders
- Monitor all merchandise for quality
- Follow up with any customer service needs
- Some travel required to farms, breweries and events
- Assist Graphic Design Coordinator with design of marketing materials in all areas. Materials would include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising (print and digital), packaging, stationery, internal/external forms, presentations, event materials, sales materials, reports, signage
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.