The Health Services Specialist is responsible for implementing, monitoring and evaluating Health Services for the Infant/Toddler Program and Preschool Program with the Hoboken NJ locations. This position monitors program adherence to the Head Start Program Performance Standards, Federal, State, and Local regulations, licensing, contracts requirements, as well as HOPES Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in the Infant/Toddler Program and Preschool Program in the area of Health Services.
- Review and monitor individual child records and documentation to assure services meet the requirements and are comprehensive, appropriate and delivered within the established time lines.
- Understand and implement program’s School Readiness Plan, inclusive of activities to support the Parent, Family & Community Engagement goals and outcomes.
- Plan, arrange, coordinate and/or provide workshops, seminars training and technical assistance in the area of Health Services for children, staff and parents.
- Analyze content, community and family data to recommend services and activities that best meet the interest and needs of the served families.
- Conduct home visits for all children and families enrolled as needed and appropriate and for Infant/Toddler Program, conduct postpartum nurse visits within two weeks of mother giving birth.
- Provide and arrange education and training services to parents individually or in groups on topics related to health and dental services.
- Consult with families on issues and concerns as needed at the request of staff and parents.
- Offer supportive services, workshops and resources to Expectant Women and their families and conduct two week post-partum home visits.
- Collaborate with all district personnel and content area Supervisors/Specialists on a regular basis to ensure successful program services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned in support of agency and program needs and operations.