We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a grant-funded position; position is contingent upon annual renewal of funding.
This position is located in Farmington, MN
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Coordinates logistics for COVID community-based vaccination program within the Office of Advancement. Collaborates with Office of Operations to extend a high quality patient experience at pop-up events in near-rural outdoor environments and community settings. Focuses on creating a welcoming and culturally adept experience at testing sites for key populations. Collaborates in planning with Community Vaccine Team under leadership of the Director of Public Health and the Director of Nursing. Supervised by the Program Director of Health and Housing. Works directly with Program Coordinator for Community Vaccine and Testing. Schedules events, mobilizes resources, engages community partners, sets and strikes vaccine and testing site, assists with planning foot and car traffic, organizes volunteers and assures treatment of patients in alignment with organizational values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With Advancement Team, plan, develop, and implement vaccine and testing events in the near-rural community.
- Collaborates with Program Director to schedule events with community partners.
- Assists with recruiting, training and scheduling staff and volunteers.
- Mobilizes resources and trouble shoots logistical challenges on site at each site.
- Orchestrates, sets and strikes vaccine and testing settings.
- Plans workflow, including registration, traffic control and foot traffic management.
- Assesses safety in coordination with leaders from Operations and on-site RNs or other clinical staff.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams and partner organizations
- Recruits and schedules volunteers.
- Liaise with systems Clinic Managers to identify and respond to shared staffing needs.
- Represent MNCC within the community.
- Provides outreach to community partners such as police department, schools, local businesses and local churches.
Provide patient advocacy
- Assist with successful registration, testing and vaccination.
- Assure MNCC activities are implemented in a linguistically appropriate, culturally adept and respectful manner. Role model culturally sensitive communication skills among program staff.
Align with organizational values
- Create a positive work environment that encourages communication, team work, and shared lessons learned; identify and address problems with prompt resolution.
- Actively participate and work positively, flexibly, and cooperatively in a team effort within and across sites/departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Willingly assist in areas other than that of primary responsibility for the good of the organization.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.