CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position Crossings Students High School Pastor
(Position Description full-time, ministry, exempt, and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
General Scope of Position
The Crossings Students High School Pastor (Pastor) will give pastoral leadership and oversight to female high school students in 9th through 12th grades at Crossings Community Church (Crossings or CCC).
The Pastor will report to the Pastor of Student Ministries.
The Pastor will work collaboratively and interact regularly with various vendors, CCC staff and volunteers across the various departments and ministries, venues, and campuses, as well with partners of Crossings to accomplish the goals and mission of Crossings and its ministries.
- Work with the student team to help our students find and follow Jesus Christ.
- Develop and Implement an outreach strategy that will reach students and assimilate them into the ministry.
- Foster a Christ-centered culture of discipleship that is energetic and innovative.
- Address the spiritual, relational, and emotional needs of students and lead by example in meeting those needs.
- Work with the other Pastors in Student Ministries in the selection of curricula and curricular goals.
- Work with the Student Ministries team to identify, recruit, equip and support volunteers for student ministries.
- Provide leadership with the weekly gatherings, quality teaching and programming centered on Christ in coordination with the other Pastors in Student Ministries.
- Partner with small group leaders and develop a good system of pastoral care of our students.
- Collaborate with other Pastors in Student Ministries to create and implement an annual ministry plan.
- Provide on-going evaluation of the growth and quality of the Student Ministry. Develop plans and establish goals for improvement on an annual basis, at a minimum.
- Develop and implement methods for connecting students and their parents/guardians to the church body.
- Work closely with the Director of Security and Pastor of Volunteers to provide security measures for all Student Ministries activities. Also, insure background checks are accomplished for all volunteers in the Student Ministries program.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Perform any other duties or tasks to accomplish responsibilities associated with this position or as may be needed or assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of Crossings ministries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibit a passion to walk with people in their faith development.
- Be a proven and effective leader in the areas of responsibility attached to this position.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess a current unrestricted drivers license.
A mature consistent Christian walk and manifest the spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, encouragement, wisdom and administration.
- Pastoral care, Student Ministry or Community Group leadership
- Understand and support Crossings Statement of Faith, Vision, Goals, Ministries, and Core Values
- Perform pastoral duties as assigned or needed
- Be open to learning about and embrace the core principles and values of Crossings ministries and its Wesleyan roots
- Willing to be credentialed by Church of God or through a like-minded body
Education and Experience
- Possess an undergraduate degree, at a minimum
- Strong understanding of the contemporary youth culture, family dynamics and the local church
- Ordained minister preferred
- Preferably with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in student ministry.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.