Join US and be a part of a dynamic TEAM!
We Believe in providing the highest quality of behavioral health care through demonstrating compassion, empathy and perseverance for our patients and their entrusting families. Willow Creek Behavioral Health is a new 72 bed psychiatric hospital. This state-of-the-art facility underscores our commitment to individuals and families seeking support and treatment with debilitating psychiatric concerns.
Upon completion of orientation and under direct supervision, provides a therapeutic milieu to an assigned psychiatric patient population. Workday is spent observing, encouraging and recording the patients involvement in activities of daily living, individualized gains towards prescribed interventions and psychosocial interactions. The RA/MHT is highly vigilant in supervision, whereabouts and minimizing risks of all patients. Continuously serving as a professional role model, the RA/MHT understands the programs terms, values and structure in support of the recovery goals. Uses strong verbal and written communication to inform the treatment team of both need-to-know and nice-to-know information. Due to the high visibility and significant patient interaction, this position is frequently the first responder to a variety of patient situations i.e. codes, behavioral outburst, attempts to introduce contraband and medical issue. The RA/MHT adjusts therapeutic approach to acuity, age, gender and cultural considerations. The RA/MHT position is often a springboard to other professional roles or increasing responsibility for milieu leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champions the AIDET approach to customer service (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank-You). Models a steady practice of AIDET throughout the customer experience. In-person and telephone communication is consistently attentive, responsive and reflects “helpfulness”.
- Professional awareness and boundaries are observed. Unnecessary self-disclosure is minimized.
- Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible and a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile phones with voice mail have a personalized greeting, and messages retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Critical customer encounters are met with advanced customer service skills and resolved.
- Take and record vital signs properly.
- Utilize sound judgment during assessment and observe and document any changes in a patient’s appearance, behavior or ability to work toward treatment plan goals.
- Communicate changes in patient’s condition to the charge nurse.Treatment Planning
- Follow the therapeutic interventions outlined by the treatment team for each patient.
- Ensure awareness of patient’s individualized plan of care including goals and interventions.
- Provide information to the charge nurse that assists in the development and revision of the treatment plan.
- Document the treatment plan, nursing interventions and the patient’s response to the intervention.
- Ensure intervention is based on the patient’s plan of care.
- Employ appropriate crisis intervention techniques as needed.
- Employ facility approved Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) techniques as necessary.
- Assist patients through the discharge process.
- Assist patients with personal hygiene and activities of daily living.
- Comply with the established policies and procedures requiring a safe, clean and therapeutic environment.
- Practice universal precautions and environmental safety guidelines.
- Recognize and respond to priorities in patient care responsibilities.
- Supervise and assist patients in all patient areas.
- Check patients for contraband and manage the patient’s valuables and belongings.
- Report potential crisis situations to the nurse in charge and respond in a n appropriate fashion.
- Ensure patient safety through continuous supervision of patient.
- Establish and maintain a professional therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Teach the patient proper hygiene and ensure adherence to hygiene methods.
- Carry out teaching activities identified in the treatment plan under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Model and teach appropriate social skills.
- Re-enforce the importance of medication compliance and monitor activity of compliance.
- Orient patients to their unit and program, providing continuous guidance as needed.
- Assume responsibilities for the completion of all patient care responsibilities and other assigned duties.
- Act as the patient’s advocate and assure that patient’s rights are upheld.
- Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations, and risk management.
- Comply with the Employee Code of Ethics.
- Adhere to all facility and personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate in continuous Performance Improvement activities.
Willow Creek Behavioral Health provides access and services to all persons meeting admission and continuing stay criteria without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, military status, veteran status, medical status, handicap or mental/physical disability. Our patient population reflects the fullest diversity of the community in which we serve. All staff are to conduct themselves with respect and consideration for others, and to appropriately intervene in situations below this standard.
Child (age 1 – 12 years) Adolescent (age 13 – 17 years) Adult (age 18 – 64 years) Geriatric (age 65 years +)