Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.”
Our Drivers touch the freight! This position is responsible for the delivery of product to the customers of Pacific Coast Fruit. Duties include the checking of orders for accuracy, inspect for damage and rotating product into stock for customers. Picking up product at various vendors checking it for quality and quantity and returning to Pacific Coast.
What you'll do...
- Pick up paperwork in office, check shortlist and load any additional product needed.
- Do a complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Deliver product to customers, checking off the orders for accuracy.
- Have customer sign for product or collect money for COD customers after completing delivery to customer’s satisfaction.
- Pick up product from vendors and check orders for accuracy.
- Upon completion of route return to Pacific Coast and do a post trip inspection.
- Operate and monitor all equipment professionally and safely including manual and electric pallet jacks, hand truck and vehicles.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor with speaking with employees, customers and management.
- Drivers typically have 7-15 stops per day.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we look for…
- Ability to safely operate a commercial vehicle equivalent to the class of license the driver currently holds.
- Customer Service experience.
- Problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack safely.
- Knowledge of the different types of fruits and vegetables and ability to determine quality.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Be able to properly fill out a manifest, credit, and inspection sheet and drivers log.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly and stack and un-stack product on pallets
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, carry, lift, push, pull, stoop while checking, loading, and delivering product.
- This position has exposure to weather and traffic noise and conditions.
What you’ll gain…
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program