The Lead Information Security Engineer will implement and enforce IT security related policies, standards, and procedures. This position will regularly be tasked with investigating anomalies and security incidents, as well as developing and maintaining the Caris Security Framework. Additionally, the engineer can be assigned security related projects at the direction of Security management.
The Lead Information Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining various network security tools within the Caris environment including Identity and Access Governance applications, Email Security Appliances, Anti-Virus management software, Intrusion Protection Systems, and more. This position will frequently engage directly with users to troubleshoot provisioning and security related issues, perform access and activity audits, and assist with projects and resource reviews. This position requires an advanced knowledge of the Security Framework (i.e. People, Process, and Technology) so that security projects can be assigned as needed. Security Engineers will be contributors to new procedures and policies that pertain to the Security Framework, and will periodically assist with the enforcement of these policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of a Security Framework and its technology, including but not limited to: SIEM, IPS, AV, web filtering.
- Experience with identity management and provisioning.
- Familiarity with HIPAA & PCI-DSS compliance requirements.
- Experience with managing user accounts in Active Directory.
- Experience recording, tracking, and managing requests in an online ticketing system.
- Analytical skills to review complex reports for anomalies.
- Experience troubleshooting complex resource provisioning or security issues.
- Proficiency with general computer software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Conditions of Employment: Individual must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
Education, Certification, Licensure, and/or Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT Security role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related discipline or additional equivalent experience.
- CISSP or equivalent certification is recommended.
- Will work at a computer most of the time as well as need to keep inventory and ordering records requiring the use of copiers, fax machines, and scanners.
- Job may require after-hours response to emergency issues.
- Periodically scheduled on-call may require after-hours response for technical emergencies not explicitly related to assigned job responsibilities.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.