Job title: Financial Planning Analyst / Controller - Europe
Reports to: Finance Manager
About Yakima Chief Hops:
Yakima Chief Hops SA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yakima Chief Hops Inc., a US based processer, marketer and seller of high-quality hops used in the craft beer industry as well as in traditional large-scale breweries. Yakima Chief Hops, Inc. is owned exclusively by family farmers who grow hops in the Pacific Northwest portion of the US and has been in business for over 25 years. The European operation has historically operated as a service provider to the US parent in support of its rapid expansion of sales throughout Europe. The European company has now transitioned to a full distribution model which is buying products from the US parent and distributing those products to the customer base throughout EMEA.
- University degree (Applied Economics, Business Engineering, other degree with an MBA,)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience:
- as an auditor in a Big 4 Audit firm
- as an FP&A analyst in an international environment
- as a junior Business Consultant
- Experience working with ERP system (preferably SAGE X3)/ BI tools/ MS Office
- Written and spoken English
Yakima Chief Hops SA is looking for a highly motivated candidate who has both a keen attention to detail and can see the big picture to help analyse, develop and grow our European business. Reporting to the Finance Manager this role (based in Mont Saint Guibert, Belgium) will be responsible for all Financial Planning and Analysis activities for the European Operations
- Business Analysis
- Produce a high-quality monthly Group reporting package
- Perform in depth reviews and analysis of P&L, B/S, and Cash-Flows (risks and opportunities)
- Get an in depth understanding of Commercial performance per product lines, geographies, distribution channels
- Perform product costing activities, production variance analysis, ensure proper inventory valuation
- Perform all other analysis as requested by local or US Management teams
- Use your outstanding communication style to influence senior colleagues and the ability of explaining complex analysis, results and conclusions to a non-expert audience.
- Business Planning
- Ensure timely and accurate forecasting (P/L, B/S, Cash-Flows)
- Coordinate Yearly Budget process with the Business leaders
- Develop 5 Year Strategic Business plan jointly with Finance Manager and CEO
- Prepare Business cases to support critical Business decisions
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department, to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in each area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.