Driver using Company Vehicle Job Description
Pickup and delivery of packages of various sizes and weights from customers in many different locations, to be completed in a timely and courteous manner. Ensures all equipment used is in working order and inspected daily. Uses care in moving packages and always works with safety in mind.
- Possess and maintain valid drivers license with safe driving record.
- Operate motor vehicle in safe and legal manner.
- Be able to quickly locate specific addresses.
- Be able to communicate and complete tasks assigned via a smartphone application (training provided)
- Hand-load/unload material, as required.
- Walk and climb stairs.
- Have the ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. regularly, as required.
- Must have sufficient literacy skills to read addresses and specific instructions efficiently, and complete required paperwork.
- Maintain communication and a cooperative, professional relationship with customers, the general public, and fellow Quicksilver employees.
- Deliver packages safely and in a timely manner.
- Know, understand, and follow all company policies.
- Be available to work assigned and on-call shifts, clearing any changes with supervisory personnel.
- Uniform shirt, jacket, ID badge, black or navy slacks and approved footwear must be worn at all time while on the job.
- First line supervision is dispatchers/customer service. Additional supervision received from assigned Quicksilver personnel and managers as needed.
- No formal requirements; must be literate and fluent in English.
- No delivery experience required but helpful.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 7 year proven safe driving record. No more than 1 minor moving violation within the last 3 years or DUI/Careless driving within 5 years.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. (as required)
- Walking and climbing stairs.
- Be able to sit in vehicle for extended periods of time and move in and out of vehicle as needed.
- Pass Department of Transportation physical and/or drug and alcohol screen (when required).
- Pass a Work Simulation screening (when required)
- Most working time spent in vehicle or loading/unloading packages.
- Required to drive safely in all kinds of conditions (adverse weather conditions, traffic, etc.).
- No smoking is allowed on the job. Smoking is not allowed in vehicles.
- Smartphone dispatch and communication applications (Smart Phone Required)
- 2 or 4 wheeled cart
- Specimen coolers
- Ramps on 16 ft. trucks, back and side doors on vans.