POSITION SUMMARY: The Veterinary Receptionist is responsible for providing friendly, quality support to all clients, staff, and volunteers. General clerical duties including but not limited to data entry intake/release, scheduling appointments for a multi-doctor office. General communication duties including, phone calls, emails, and other digital platforms.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with Veterinary Team, Foster Team, Intake Shelter Clinic Director, Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians, other staff, and volunteers.
KEY OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Handles the primary functions of the reception department, including booking spay/neuter appointments, spay/neuter intake and discharge, public microchips, and post adoption medical concerns.
- Enters information into appropriate database completely and accurately.
- Data entry for medical check in’s and surgical procedures.
- Completes and files paperwork accurately.
- Accepts walk-in donations and provides receipts.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in other departments to ensure good communication regarding policy and/or procedure updates.
- Answers incoming calls to the department, greets visitors and returns voicemail and email messages promptly and professionally.
- Provides courteous, educational and accurate information regarding animal care and behavior, Seattle Humane’s services and programs and agency referrals.
- Triage incoming case requests in order to help determine appropriate resources and order of priority.
- Maintains reception area and perimeter with respect to appearance and operations.
- Restocks office supplies, forms and handouts.
- Ensures the proper care and maintenance of phone and computer systems and credit card machine.
- Ensures that staff and public areas are clean and orderly.
- Adheres to files and records retention policy and procedures.
- Actively supports departments, staff and volunteers.
- Represents Seattle Humane in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Provides quality service to customers, volunteers and staff, recognizing their individual contribution to the success of our organization.
- Follows all safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reports any health, behavior, safety or security concerns to Shelter Clinic Director in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Shelter Clinic Director.
Provides support to volunteers working in the department including training to perform medical data entry, receiving phone calls, and booking appointments
- Daily verbal and written communication with customers, staff and volunteers over the phone, direct contact, email or fax
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Friendly, approachable, service-oriented