Position Summary: Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing & Communications, the Associate Director of Impact Communications is responsible for overseeing the development of stories and other communications strategies that demonstrate the Foundation’s impact on its mission and within the IBD community in an accurate, timely and compelling manner.
Working cross functionally and in close collaboration with the Vice President of Strategic Impact, senior leadership, and the marketing and communications staff, the Associate Director will set the tone and create content and communications that will bring to the forefront the importance of the Foundation’s work and the measurable impact achieved by our research, education, and advocacy efforts. The Associate Director must be a proven story teller, and be able to identify and mine highly impactful story telling opportunities for distribution across all media channels (including print, social, digital, and video), and targeting a variety of audiences.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an excellent writer with the ability to understand and translate scientific information into lay English, tell compelling stories with data, and be able to distill the importance of the Foundation’s work and success into persuasive narratives for a variety of audiences through online/offline media channels.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy and development of a comprehensive multi-channel communications plan that will communicate and demonstrate the Foundation’s impact story in a meaningful way, tailored to each of the Foundation’s targeted audience segments.
- Identify stories and create and implement the most effective ways of communicating this valuable content to different audiences, across channels and across patient and professional constituents.
- Work with Vice President of Strategic Impact to translate and communicate the Foundation’s strategic plan metrics and other impact metrics across mission and revenue pillars. Drive messaging and narratives that showcase our impact and engage donors, volunteers, patients and other constituents.
- Prepare briefing documents and presentations and leverage centralized internal platforms to ensure messaging is communicated consistently and is clearly articulated across the Foundation.
- Become an expert in the Foundation’s education, advocacy, and research programs, and how they have supported our mission and are aligned to our 4-year strategic plan.
- Create key content pieces, ranging from prioritized program overviews, reports, journalistic pieces, videos, newsletters, collateral, case studies, blog pieces, etc.
- Partner with internal/external graphic designers, agencies and video producers retained to support these efforts.
- Establish and oversee an editorial production calendar.
- Contribute perspective and work collaboratively to develop content for sections of the Foundation’s Annual Report, accomplishments and impact statements, website and other key Foundation initiatives.