The Site Specialist main responsibility is to actively engage with leadership, team members, and end users to implement and support Electronic Health Record (EHR) and supporting applications focusing on standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization. This position will communicate with end users to assess their comfort level with the EHR; gain an understanding of the service line operation to help them streamline workflow, increase usability and efficiency thru the optimization of the platform. Primary responsibility will be to provide day-to-day support of the production and test platforms to ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the EHR system. The Site Specialist will function as a Super User and work closely with internal and external operations as needed, serving as the main liaison and point person for the specific EHR clinic operational need based upon their identified program. This position can work out of Stevens Point, Wautoma, or Beaver Dam.
- Collaborate with other programs to align best practice workflows where it makes operational sense and drives consistent reporting outcomes.
- Serve as first point of contact for program end users, specifically providers and clinical staff. Train and support the approved workflows that will support operational needs such as UDS, Quality, and other reporting initiatives. Explain and educate end users on the best practice approach, explore new approaches to make recommendations with a focus on efficiency and productivity. Understand the operational needs of the program to provide guidance on new features and suggestions on where these features may be utilized.
- Provide support, guidance, and troubleshooting leveraging in depth knowledge of the system to identity possible workflow improvements that lead to increased user satisfaction and continue to support the reporting needs of the organizations. Classify problems as system, training, or process and recommend corrections. With system problems, research if the fix is known or coming.
- Develop and train new employees in the operation and protocols of defined best practice workflows within the EHR. Provide on-going training on the EHR changes and updates for current employees to ensure competence is maintained.
- Update and maintain systems manuals and end user documentation used for training.
- Participate in the implementation of new EHR functionality. Including and not limited to workflow design as it relates to system usage, testing the end-to-end workflow, and documenting decisions.
- Collaborate with clinic leadership and users to identify opportunities for efficiencies in clinic operations, clinical practice support, and improved health outcomes. Align their vision with the future releases of the tools.
- Manage end user requests; prioritize, track, and resolve user problems and requests with a sense of urgency.
- Identify and troubleshoot application and equipment issues as they occur, manage the corrective steps, seeing it through to full resolution. Refer issues that require additional assistance to the EHR applicable Help Desk, including technical and workflow information necessary to resolve the issue. Communicate resolution to the user when completed.
- Maintain FHLC managed system setup such as the provider master file, security, and preference lists, SmartPhrases for service area.
- Collaborate with vendors and advisory workgroups to optimize use of the system through implementation of EHR features and upgrades.
- Collaborate with vendor and staff to test new features and upgrades prior to implementation.
- For FHLC supported platforms, recommend, and inform operational leaders of upgrade and recommendations from vendors.
- Attend necessary and appropriate clinic department meetings as EHR expert and as EHR liaison.
- Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.