Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Maintenance Supervisor to join our National Maintenance and Safety Team. The Maintenance Supervisor plays a critical role in establishing and maintaining this exciting state-of-the-art greenhouse. This role will be involved in reviewing new construction and supervising onsite commissioning activities as well as leading a team of technicians to ensure optimal performance throughout the Windsor greenhouse.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Supervise a team of on-site Maintenance Technicians.
- Operate Maintenance Management System (MMS) ensuring timely completion of assigned work, preventative maintenance, inventory monitoring, and vendor quality.
- Respond to corrective maintenance requests, create work orders, and assign labor.
- Collaborate with Plant Managers to develop critical work priorities.
- Assist Technicians with installation/maintenance of electro-mechanical and hydraulic components and systems.
- Maintain safe working environment for all employees, adhering to OSHA and Food Safety regulations and guidance.
- Site authority for all LOTO maintenance and hazardous energy isolation projects.
- Collaborate with National Maintenance and Safety team to create maintenance best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors to plan preventative maintenance and emergency repairs as needed.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to Maintenance Technicians, instilling a sense of urgency, safety, and pride in work
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of Facility or Manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Education or certifications in the fields of industrial or mechanical engineering and technology.
- Strong aptitude in areas such as HVAC, residential or commercial electrical, plumbing, and/or pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong knowledge of hand tools, powered tools, and commercial equipment.
- Preference for a candidate with experience or certifications as an electrician operating 3 Phase/480v in an industrial setting.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing programmable equipment, including PLCs, automated conveyance, photo-eyes, pressure sensors, transducers, etc.
- Lean Six Sigma / Project Management experience.
- OSHA / HAZMAT / Fire Safety Certifications.
- Willingness to be a team player, while providing guidance, training, and support to junior team members.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The annual salary range for this role is $60,000 - $80,000, depending on leadership and operations experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO days
- 401K program
- Eligible for a discretionary performance based year-end bonus