Join US and be a part of a dynamic TEAM!
We Believe in providing the highest quality of behavioral health care through demonstrating compassion, empathy and perseverance for our patients and their entrusting families. Willow Creek Behavioral Health is a new 72 bed psychiatric hospital. This state-of-the-art facility underscores our commitment to individuals and families seeking support and treatment with debilitating psychiatric.
Upon completion of orientation and under general supervision, the Intake Coordinator is responsible for answering and appropriately managing incoming telephone calls; scheduling patient assessments/appointments, creating and updating patient pre-registrations including verification of benefits or setting up financial counseling, setting certain expectations for patients regarding their services, and responding to customers’ informational needs. The Intake Coordinator is also cross-trained and utilized in the role of Receptionist and assumes responsibilities associated with patient discharge/checkout function. Works closely with business office, nursing and clinical staff as well as external parties to ensure the timely admission of patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In-person and telephone communication is consistently attentive, responsive and reflects “helpfulness”.
- Professional awareness and boundaries are observed. Unnecessary self-disclosure is minimized.
- Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible and a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile phones with voice mail have a personalized greeting, and messages retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Critical customer encounters are met with advanced customer service skills and resolved.
- Coordinates activities related to admission of patients and appropriate follow-up activity.
- Coordinate the collection of all information from referral sources to be used by the clinical team in determining appropriateness of admission request.
- Confers with physicians, nursing, housekeeping, transport and other staff members to coordinate and schedule admission of patient. Assigns accommodations based on physician’s admittance orders, nature of illness, availability of accommodations and other information.
- Prepares record of admission, transfer and other required data.
- Notifies departments of patient’s admission. Maintain record of admissions and discharges and complies occupancy-census data.
- Continuously self regulates professional presentation especially during emotional charged situations.
- Presents informed and available to medical staff during patient rounds or telephonic consultations.
- Partners with others to ensure cohesive teamwork and healthy communication.
- Gives consideration to situations that may produce divisiveness or be received as diminishing others role or authority.
Medical Records and Confidential Communication
- Appropriately considers the sensitivity and confidentiality of medical/psychiatric information along with the need-to-know before sharing information with others.
- Medical records of deficiencies are minimized, and when identified, corrected as soon as practical.
- Maintain files in a neat, orderly, and confidential manner with special attention to security.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties listed above.
Willow Creek Behavioral Health provides access and services to all persons meeting admission and continuing stay criteria without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, military status, veteran status, medical status, handicap or mental/physical disability. Our patient population reflects the fullest diversity of the community in which we serve. All staff are to conduct themselves with respect and consideration for others, and to appropriately intervene in situations below this standard.
Child (age 1 – 12 years) Adolescent (age 13 – 17 years) Adult (age 18 – 64 years) Geriatric (age 65 years +)