The Account Manager of Syndication Sales’ primary purpose is to make sales calls on print, online, and mobile clients as well as other digital platforms to sell Andrews McMeel Syndication (AMS) comics, features, puzzles, and other products and services. This position is also responsible for investigation, research, and identification of new AMS sales offerings or sales packages to offer to new and existing clients. The Account Manager of Syndication Sales will also investigate, research, and identify new sales channels for AMS. The Account Manager of Syndication Sales will participate in the participation in the development of AMS strategies and objectives.
- Make sales calls on print, online and mobile clients and well as other digital platforms to sell AMS comics, features, games, puzzles and other products and services.
- West and Midwest regions for certain sales channels.
- Entire US for new or developing sales channels.
- Travel estimated at 20%.
- Collaborate with AMS syndication sales support team.
- Team currently consists of
- Office Manager
- International Sales Coordinator
- Work with the AMS and Digital Products teams to develop new sales offerings. Then develop and implement strategy to sell and promote them.
- Products and pricing for weekly, digital only, alternative, and small print newspapers.
- Supplements and inserts for print clients.
- Improved digital offerings for non-newspaper websites and mobile applications.
- Work with the AMS and Digital Products teams as well as third party technology companies (as needed) to design, develop, and implement a more effective digital delivery platform for digital syndication clients.
- To replace current GoContent offering.
- Work with existing GoContent clients to determine features needed on new platform.
- Review existing products and pricing and develop strategies and revisions to promote sales growth.
- Puzzle inserts
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts with the AMS newspaper group sales manager.
- Perform outreach and research to identify opportunities and needs of new or underutilized sales channels.
- Weekly newspapers print and digital.
- Alternative newspapers print and digital.
- Startup independent newspapers.
- Non-newspaper websites.
- Other print publications.
- Internal Corporate publications and websites.
- Work to establish and maintain relationships with AMS creators and serve as another touchpoint for them with the syndicate.
- Exceptional sales ability to influence decision makers; identify and close sales
- Represent AMU externally and internally in professional manner
- Must possess a big picture orientation; act as a resource and consultant to clients to optimize AMS portfolio
- Use innovation and creativity in the selling process
- Organizational skills and the ability to work successfully in an independent environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates
- Working knowledge of newspapers and AMS features
- Computer proficiency (PC, mobile devices, CRM, Microsoft Office, Teams)
- Strong writing and organizational and meeting preparation skills
- Strong, organized follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Four-year BA degree or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency with PC, mobile devices
- Advertising sales and/or marketing experience
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent presentation, follow-up and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized problem solver