We are seeking a creative and experienced leader in the development and production of high-quality skin care, hair color, hair care, bath & body care, and personal care products. This role will be responsible for product innovation while managing the R&D team for all categories. The ideal fit will be an individual with an entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and direct the R&D team by distributing workload and ensuring performance levels are maintained.
- Develop safe, cost effective, stable formulations that meet customers' technical specifications and performance requirements. Deliver these formulations within assigned project timetables and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Drive innovation with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches. Incorporate these into new products leveraging current customer insights and needs.
- Identify and resolve technical issues that present barriers to completion of product development projects. Work with management to obtain resources needed to successfully complete projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers on the ideation, scope and updates of products.
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships.
- Drive continuous improvement of methods to better serve internal and external customers.
- Generate reporting and analytical results for distribution or presentation.
- Oversee and implement appropriate training for team members.
- Oversee laboratory cleanliness and safety procedures.