The Social Impact Senior Grant Writers primary responsibilities include: development and submission of LOIs, concept papers, grants, proposals and donor reports; guide and support the team to meet required grant deliverables; and, participate in activities and programs that identify new, as well as nurture current donors/partners. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Writing and organizational skills to:
- Shape strategic and programmatic direction of potential funding based on mutual interests/goals of both the donor and the organization.
- Develop project narratives and budgets, and working with the team to monitor grant-funded projects.
- Work independently and in collaboration with team members to compile, disseminate and submit documentation and information pertaining to and including proposals, grant agreements, grant impact reports, etc.
- Evaluate, organize and provide oversight of verified and extrapolated data into comprehensive written reports for program donors
- Identify and qualify prospects, including conducting research to gather background information on donors and prospects for fundraisers.
- Research statistics and monitor/review latest relevant reports from the field.
Project coordination and creative problem solving skills to:
- Plan, organize, schedule and conduct meetings with appropriate team(s) and/or organizational staff as required to discuss program strategy for specific proposals.
- Manage/track an annual grants and reports calendar that is accessible by the team.
- Organize electronic files of grant documents/agreements and maintain accuracy in CRM system (NetSuite/SalesForce) as well as on the shared network.
- Catalogue resource materials and collateral, i.e. audit materials, organizational budgets, 990s, marketing collateral, etc.
- Conduct other special projects and/or duties as assigned
Youll fit right in if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and work independently with little guidance or direction.
- Are adaptable and can handle change with a positive attitude. Demonstrate maturity and seniority in decision-making.
- Are proactive, unafraid to ask questions and intrinsically motivated to excel.
- Love to tackle challenges and be part of the solution.
- Possess strong writing background including grants experience, and excellent organization and communication skills.
- Are a detail-oriented individual who can produce accurate and quality work in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate will have all of the above plus:
- BS, BA or other degree demonstrating passion for learning, writing and applying new skills.
- 5+ years of combined experience in grant and proposal writing, grant research, fundraising and donor and/or project management roles, and demonstrated track record of successful gift solicitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Knowledge of CRM (NetSuite/SalesForce) and/or other donor management systems software a plus including familiarity and creativity with queries and reports.
This position may be remote or based in MINDs Irvine, California office. This role may require occasional travel (up to 15%) and absolutely requires a sunny disposition! Lets talk!
*Please note that final candidates will be required to complete a writing assessment.