SUMMARY: Community Chef and Culinary Manager is responsible for Directs and coordinates food service activities of assisted living community, training of cooks and other kitchen staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods, and ensures safe and efficient food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooks or otherwise prepares high-quality, nutritious meals with excellent food presentation according to recipes and/or menu.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking; carves meats; and serves sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Portions cooked foods, or gives instructions to kitchen staff as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Oversees all kitchen operations including: food and supply orders, food and equipment inventory, food production, batch food preparation and presentation, timely service of meals, portion control, and special dietary requirements.
- Plans, prepares, and executes community special events requiring culinary services in coordination with the Community Director.
- Purchases food and supply products, maintains cost records, and works to meet budget guidelines, as approved by the Home Office.
- Receives and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Supervises and trains culinary staff and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Schedules work hours and assignments; reviews and monitors dietary staff work performance.
- Ensures proper storage and food handling adheres to all regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains clean and sanitized kitchen, equipment, and dining room.
- Ensures the completion of a dietary card on all new residents as well as use of dietary cards for each resident and respite guest at every meal.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Confers with residents’ medical team, dietary card, and Healthcare Coordinator to ensure that meals conform to residents’ diet restrictions and nutritional requirements as prescribed by physician.
- Acts as primary contact with local health department; maintain 100% rating for all health department and state inspections.
- Assures proper food sanitation and infection control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control.