CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Position Mothers Day Out (MDO) Teacher
Position Description part-time, hourly, non-exempt, administrative, and at-will
Campus Oklahoma City
Scope of Position
Provide loving care to Crossing Community Church MDO Program children (0-4years) to lay a firm foundation of faith in the lives of the babies and toddlers. In a very real sense you, along with their parents, are their first picture of God and His love for them.
This position reports to the MDO Director.
Skills and Gifts required for position
- Love for babies/toddlers
- Know/willing to learn about baby/toddler characteristics
- Dependable, punctual, consistent attendance
- Flexible, willing to work where needed
- Ability to get along with all people
- Friendly and cheerful
- Arrive 30 minutes before event begins to set up room
- Greet parents and child warmly at the door calling the child by name.
- Check for diaper change needs, and be aware of signs of discomfort
- Comply with security check-in and out procedures as outlined in training manual
- Interact with children through age appropriate toys, books, music, etc.
- Attend mandatory training meeting (annually)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the MDO Director
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. 2:45 p.m.
- Able to perform physical activities that require the ability to stand, sit, walk, lift, balance, reach, stoop, kneel, bend, feel with fingers, talk, hear, hand/eye coordination
- Requires considerable use of the arms and legs for a period of 3-4 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time
- Be able to walk a long distance (up to a quarter mile)
- May be exposed to illness-causing bacteria and viruses
Education and Experience
At a minimum the applicant must be 18 years old, have childcare experience, and display a genuine love for babies/toddlers.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.