The Process Engineer I is responsible for evaluating and improving manufacturing processes to reduce cost, improve yields and reduce variation. This position performs equipment qualifications and process validations. Process Engineers also participate in technology transfer to ensure the processes necessary for new products are effectively translated to manufacturing from R&D. Process Engineer I makes use of statistical analysis methods, critical thinking, process development, and scaling principles to achieve the objectives mentioned above.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and execute protocols to perform equipment qualifications and process validations.
- Use LEAN Manufacturing principles to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Lead efforts to solve problems using formal problem resolution techniques and root cause analysis.
- Create and communicate project plans with detailed tasks and timelines necessary for project completion.
- Develop equipment and process validation protocols (IQ, OQ, PQ) and reports.
- Lead and perform equipment qualifications and process validations as needed.
- Develop and monitor process and equipment metrics to use for optimization analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.