Required Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelors degree in physical education or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Demonstrated competence and experience in coaching Ultimate Frisbee required
- Recent successful coaching experience in an Upper School environment preferred
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid First Aid/CPR card
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a strong, successful Ultimate Frisbee player
- Deep knowledge of the intricacies of the game of Ultimate Frisbee
- Understanding of the developmental needs of upper school- aged students
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the students and program
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Sense of humor, energy and enthusiasm and ability to hold students and oneself to high expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty and staff
- Ability to work and communicate well with students and their parents
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in any weather
- Some local travel may be required
If this sounds like you, please click on Apply Now and complete our online employment application.
Thank you for your interest in this position and in University Prep.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
University Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, disability, use of a trained service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to admissions and administration of all its programs, as well as to all areas of employment.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.