Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions, powering the top point-of-sale and software providers across numerous verticals, including Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Lodging, Gaming, Retail and e-Commerce. This includes companies such as Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS brands, as well as over 300 additional software integrations in virtually every industry. With eight offices across the U.S. and Europe, 7,000 sales partners and three state-of-the-art data centers, the company securely processes over 1 billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager’s primary objective is developing and managing software projects for the Information Technology group at Shift4 Payments. The Project Manager will work with stakeholders across the organization at multiple sites spanning different cities, time zones, and requirements. Operating within an Agile framework, the PM will lead a group comprised of Business Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance Engineers to plan, develop, and release high-quality features and functionality for the organizations employee-facing, reporting, and backend systems.
The Project Manager is expected to:
- Collaborate with customers, business analysts, application developers, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions
- Interface with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff, and project teams to provide feedback on new and ongoing projects including but not limited to: release announcements, sprint planning, and inter-department coordination.
- Create and maintain project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision/scope document, supplemental specifications, mockups/designs, flow diagrams, testing plan, and training materials)
- Translate business needs into clearly defined, detailed, and documented requirements, functional designs, and system supplemental specifications for new applications
- Analyze change requests/enhancements in existing applications
- Manage project requirements so that projects are completed on time, in scope, within budget, with minimal defects
- Provide assistance on defining application development project deliverables
- Obtain appropriate level of signoff as needed throughout the project lifecycle
- Assure full compliance to required standards throughout the project lifecycle
- Assist with all aspects of requirements testing (testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production UAT defects as well as performing analysis of the customer impact
- Assist with testing/QA/QC and provides root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Assist in the resolution of risks, defects and issues
- Verify that the delivered application requirements meet the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production
- Assist with providing project status updates to the appropriate clients and stakeholders
- Provide required business and/or subject matter expertise for both project and production related activities
- Identify, document, and escalate risks, defects, and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Analyze data to determine business problem, trends, or opportunities for process improvements
- Participate as a subject matter expert for new strategic programs or initiatives impacting current and existing systems