Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions, powering the top point-of-sale and software providers across numerous verticals, including Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Lodging, Gaming, Retail and e-Commerce. This includes companies such as Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS brands, as well as over 300 additional software integrations in virtually every industry. With eight offices across the U.S. and Europe, 7,000 sales partners and three state-of-the-art data centers, the company securely processes over 1 billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
Role & Responsibilities:
As the Software Development Manager for Shift4’s Information Technology group, you will drive progress and innovation by developing your diverse engineering team to deliver quality and value in an Agile environment. You will assume the role of owner and steward for all systems, products, and processes within the realm of software engineering, and want to do everything it takes to continuously improve the team and value proposition for the organization.
The Software Development Manager is expected to:
- Serve as a key engineering leader and subject matter expert for the company for all software development projects.
- Create detailed plans, processes and procedures for teams to follow to ensure ongoing compliance, efficiency and attention to detail in everything we do.
- Lead code reviews, estimations, architectural designs and other planning activities while adhering to best practices and the highest standards of quality.
- Hire, train, mentor and coach other engineers and supporting staff.
- Manage the day-to-day engineering operations in order to provide clear direction and communication and remove any potential roadblocks to help your team.
- Build and oversee a fun, exciting and amazing culture and work environment where teams are fully informed, challenged and engaged in order to deliver value across the organization
- In conjunction with DevOps, build Development and Cloud Environments to enable higher velocity and developer satisfaction, while meeting payment security needs.