ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Launched in 2015, Retail Bloom stemmed from an organic outgrowth of our parent company, Aleva Stores. After seeing success in our own marketplace division, we quickly realized that our knowledge and expertise could be used to help other companies. With continued discussion and planning, leadership made the decision to branch out to provide marketplace advising and solutions for other businesses.
Aleva Stores began in 1957 and is now a third generation multi-channel retailer based in Rochester Hills, Michigan. The company currently operates twelve e-commerce websites. Aleva Stores has a state-of-the-art distribution center that processes an average of 2,000 shipments daily with seasonal daily spikes as high as 10,000 shipments. We also offer third party fulfillment services and we've grown to become the logistical backbone for many companies.
Today, we are in the top 1% of sellers on Amazon, and we’ve grown to become a trusted marketplace service provider for numerous thriving brands. Our vision is to nurture our brand’s strategy and stay ahead of the game in the marketplace world.
We are looking for great people to join our team!
Looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing team within an e-commerce environment? Retail Bloom is hiring an Inventory Strategist to manage demand planning and replenishment activities for their designated brands as well as providing recommendations for other select brands with a primary focus on inventory warehoused via Amazon's FBA program.
- Ensure proper inventory planning and established goals are achieved for stock levels, sales, and slow-moving/obsolete items
- Forecast, identify trends, establish replenishment strategies, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained to meet Marketplace Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Responsible for forecasting and replenishing assigned brands/products
- Manage and analyze Vendor Central inventory sell-through to ensure inventory transitions are in place as the 3P seller
- Establish relationship with clients and Account Strategists to understand promotion schedules, pre-booked orders, brand protection implications, and advertising in an effort to create a 12-month forecasts
- Assist sales team in prospect audits and on-boarding of new brands and product lines working to establish best possible discounts, rebates, shipping terms and payment terms
- Submit replenishment to vendors for purchase order creation and placement
- Coordinate with Aleva Stores to implement new ERP system for inventory efforts
- Develop plan with Strategist to achieve growth & profitability in international markets, primarily via international Amazon expansion
- Responsible for managing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels based on financial objectives for all channels and storefronts
- Partners closely with Purchasing department and associated vendors to help problem solve performance issues as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Identifies seasonal and promotional trends that might impact demand planning and replenishment needs
- Collaborates with Logistics and Purchasing teams to ensure inventory stock levels are maintained and overstock inventory can be minimized
- Assess risk from unproductive inventory and closeouts to support exit strategies and markdowns
- Prepare hindsight analysis to identify opportunities for future plans and strategies
- Identifies and executes upon additional opportunities within the current warehouse assortment for addition to Marketplace channels, either via FBA, or our warehouse fulfillment
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting for both internal and external teams including but not limited to stale inventory, inventory value, and aged inventory
- Purchase orders will be updated with correct expected dates when there are backorders within 2 business days
- If product has not arrived by the original expected date, expected dates need to be updated within 5 business days.
- Vendor returns will be resolved each month end and proper disposal or return will take place within 15 business days of each month end
- Discrepancies with receiving will be resolved within 7 days from the date of receipt to ensure accurate inventory & ability to work with vendor on issues.
- Vendor compliance agreement violations are to be handled within 5 business days of notification
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned
- Responsible for forecasting, replenishing, and returning assigned brands/products for all necessary warehouse locations via purchase orders, inventory transfers, and vendor returns to meet Product Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Responsible for keeping open purchase orders updated with correct expected delivery dates, cost, cancellations, etc.
- Follow up as necessary with vendors for items not received or received incorrectly.
- Manage product additions/updates/discontinuations within ERP system and on applicable websites and marketplaces
- Assist the accounting department with invoice or payment related issues.
- Partner closely with the marketing department to ensure that promotional calendars are maximized, and any/all co-marketing funds are collected.
- Negotiate pricing, rebates, incentives, co-marketing budgets, etc. with assigned brands to ensure that margin goals are met
- Responsible for return, offloading and/or donation of obsolete inventory
- Manage all non-inventory purchases for Aleva Stores and Retail Bloom buildings
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned
- Client Net Promoter Score
- 90D Stale Inventory
- 180D Aged Inventory
- 365D Aged Inventory
- I&S Ratio
- Job Shadow Efforts
- Education Hours
- Inventory turns (Aleva)
- Gross Margin (Aleva)
- 180D Obsolete Inventory Ratio (Aleva)