Responsible for greeting every single Customer with a personable, genuine, upbeat, and unique greeting. Control the flow of traffic and maintain an awesome, clean atmosphere to Customers.
- Live by a servant leadership philosophy to always serve others first.
- Understand, and comply with:
- All Company policies, procedures, and operating standards.
- All federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Provide a first and last impression for our neighborhood joint.
- Maintain energy, enthusiasm, passion and P.R.I.D.E. throughout the shift.
- Perform the role of a Host.
- Know menu details, drink specials, and Chalkboard specials.
- Know what credit cards we accept.
- Open and hold the door for Customers.
- Greet Customers with a genuine hello, a smile and eye contact.
- Manage the seating of the Customers; monitor wait times.
- Guide Customers to an appropriate table while maintaining a comfortable pace and proximity to Customers following you.
- Hand clean menus to Customers once they are seated; explain the Chalkboard specials.
- Manage the communication throughout the restaurant.
- Provide awesome service to all Customers.
- Always have a “do whatever it takes” personality.
- Hold doors open for Customers
- Pull out chairs for female Customers.
- Accommodate and meet special needs of Customers (senior citizens, large parties, business meetings, etc.).
- Perform secondary responsibilities.
- Assist Busser by clearing and/or wiping tables.
- Assist Servers by refilling beverages.
- Assist Bartenders by handling carry out orders.
- Complete assigned opening, ongoing, and closing sidework.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, and secure environment at all times.
- Notify a Manager of all Customer complaints.
- Remain calm at all times.
- Perform any other tasks or duties as assigned by a Manager.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Good reading, writing, mathematical and communication skills.
- Able to interact professionally with other Customers and Team Members.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
Physical Requirements (as required by OSHA)
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our Customer in the primary language of the restaurant.
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.