The General Ledger (GL) Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the Accounting Manager in the timely and accurate closing of monthly financial records, including preparing and reviewing entries, reconciliations, financial statement review and analysis and promoting process improvement initiatives. The GL Accountant will also act in support of the accounts receivable and payable functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Prepare and issue tissue invoices, including serology testing, ground transportation, flights, and supplies; prepare AR batch for review
- Review and approve organ invoicing batches
- Maintain the AR Aging, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
- Build effective partnerships with customers regarding inquiries and issues, work with customers to ensure timely collection on invoices
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
- Create AP imports from invoice workflow system, reviewing to ensure proper approval and coding of charges
- Maintain the AP Aging, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
- In conjunction with the AP/AR Specialist, reconcile vendor statements and resolve prior balances and unpaid invoices
- Select AP invoices for payment and create check run and ACH files
- Create the monthly A/P accrual entry and reconcile A/P accounts monthly
Employee Expense Responsibilities
- Provide Concur user support to all employees and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Provide user training on Concur to new employees
- Ensure the review of all out-of-pocket and corporate card expense reports to ensure proper approval, coding and receipt documentation prior to payment
- Manage the Corporate Card program
General Accounting Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and post monthly or journal entry batches as assigned
- Prepares bank deposits – scan/submit checks to the bank and prepare JE batches
- Support Accounting Manager and Direct of Finance and Accounting with the annual preparation of Form 990 and Form 5500.
- Assist in monthly financial statement review, including the preparation and review of support schedules.
- Support Accounting Manager in preparation for external audits and cost reporting.
- Along with Accounting Manager, maintain process documents and assist staff in implementing process improvements.
- Prepare ad hoc analytical reports as assigned.
- Provide primary support for team members in absences.
- This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.