ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The C.N.A.:
- Finds opportunities for our residents and associates to have a well lived life
- Immediately report sign and symptoms of infection and changes in vital signs to the charge nurse.
- Assist with transfers and ambulation as needed.
- Checks each resident at least every two hours or more as requested by the Charge Nurse, to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met and respond to resident calls, as requested by a resident.
- Assists residents with bath function, daily dental and mouth care, grooming and dressing/undressing.
- Keeps incontinent residents clean and dry, and assists residents with bowel and bladder functions.
- Measures and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and intake/output, as instructed.
- Observes and reports to the Charge Nurse the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers.
- Assist residents with meals and snacks
- Assist with setup, service, and feeding if necessary
- Housekeeping and laundry duties as necessary
- Participate in dementia specific programming.
- Report unusual behaviors to Administrator and Charge Nurse.
- Assist as needed in our Woodcrest Skilled Nursing Facility
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Administrator or Charge Nurse
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Receives guidance with respect to general objectives in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determine methods, work sequence, and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Prefer six months previous experience in a memory care setting
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
Certified Nursing Assistant
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, and short correspondence. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Ability to calculate meal percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply sound clinical judgement to carry out effective resident care. Understands simple oral or written instructions.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic Computer Skills
POSITION GOAL: The CNA provides direct patient care including assisting in activities of daily living, bathing, dressing, and feeding of patients, assists the RN/LPN, and reports all changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”,