CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Position: 2020-2021 Connections Intern, OKC Campus
CROSSINGS Connections Ministry - The mission of Crossings Connections Ministry is to help each person take their next step as they find and follow Jesus.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
To identify and/or cultivate a person who feels called to ministry, whether vocationally or through a commitment of volunteerism. Cultivation of this calling will happen through hands-on experiences in a church setting by helping the individual gain a better understanding of how a Connections Ministry operates.
SPECIFICS OF THE POSITION
This position will work 20 hours per week.
What the Connections Intern experiences in a year:
- Assists in weekly Sunday Guest Services preparations and operation execution on Sunday mornings.
- Assists at Next Steps on both Sundays and Wednesdays as a Next Steps Host.
- Builds relationships with, learns from, and encourages existing 355+ Guest Services volunteers.
- Leads 2-3 Volunteer Team Huddle devotions and prayer.
Guest Assimilation and Engagement
- Learns the First Time Guest Follow Up Workflow.
- Contacts First Time Guests weekly to see how their experience was, answer questions, and offer contact information if they need anything in the future.
- Participates in our Inactive Outreach Initiatives 3 times during the year to ensure those who have not attended are noticed and known.
- Assists with Connecting with Crossings preparation, communication, class setup/teardown, and follow up...etc.
Volunteer Assimilation and Engagement
- Learns and assists in the Potential Volunteer Process (Volunteer Interest Form, Interview, Application, Background Checks, and Ministry Opportunities/Placement)
- Attends Potential Volunteer Interviews and assists with follow up.
- Develops relationships with the Ministry Department Leaders/Staff as an advocate for volunteer needs through quarterly Ministry Reviews.
- Positive and optimistic.
- A great listener.
- Heart for all age demographics and interested in all facets of Church ministry.
- Excited to find ways to help people connect to community and/or serving.
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Values collaboration, clarity and unity.
- Goal setting, driven and a self-starter.
- Critical thinker, constructive in feedback and problem solver.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- It is preferred that this individual is pursuing full-time ministry whether in a formal educational setting or in a current volunteer role while exploring Gods calling for their life.
- Works Sunday through Thursdays and occasionally attends/volunteers at events relating to Connections and Guest Services.
- Assists in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics, in accordance with the goals, mission, vision, and core values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of Crossings Community Church, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.