CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position - Crossings KIDS Intern - Oklahoma City Campus
(Position Description part-time (seasonal), ministry, exempt, and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
Fall Internships will begin August 2020. Summer Internships will begin May 2021.
The Crossings Kids Internship Program is designed to provide the exposure, experience, and development opportunities to build a foundation for and to identify and/or cultivate a call to ministry for the participant through hands-on experiences in a church setting.
We cultivate this call by:
- Exposing the intern to excellent ministry work and leaders.
- Developing the interns leadership and ministry gifts through interaction with key staff and volunteer leaders.
- Giving the intern equal opportunities to lead and be led. Duties will be chosen to give the intern opportunities to manage the details of programming and also to practice ministry, participating in many of the programs while serving in Crossings Kids.
- Helping the intern grow in knowledge, faith, and maturity within a Childrens or Preteen Ministry setting.
- Have hands-on experience, from behind the scenes brainstorming, supply preparation, to communication, and development.
- Interns are an important part of our weekly large group programming and play a critical part in creating a dynamic experience for our kids (Sunday and Midweek)
- Interns will have the opportunity to build relationships with families, kids, and volunteers within your assigned ministry area.
- Interns have scheduled meetings with their supervisor to sharpen gifts and talents, push past their comfort zone through one-on-one
- Interns participate in weekly team meetings with fellow interns by participating in weekly rehearsals and group learning opportunities.
- Interns are involved with all special events for kids that take place throughout the school year. Interns will have the opportunity to do prep work for each event as well as lead kids during the actual event.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to attend monthly staff chapel, all church staff meetings, team meeting (contingent upon their college schedule and flexibility).
- Interns will be exposed to how our staff connects and what they do through the week. This allows our interns a better understanding of how full-time ministry operates.
- Interns will have additional time throughout the week to focus on a particular area of ministry for more intensive focus. Examples of this would be in pastoral ministry, writing, set design, and the design of services.
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion. Updated July 2020