Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As an Warehouse Supervisor, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and previous supervisors have gone on to work in a wide variety of management roles within the company.
This position is responsible for supervising swing shift order selectors and receivers while working to bridge the gap between day and swing shift teams in these roles. This position is also responsible for proper BOL and PO documentation, rotation and replenishment of product, as well as proper documentation of errors as well as follow up and retraining of team members that require it. This role must also possess a positive and team-oriented approach to complex and time sensitive situations. Duties include the ability to lead people toward a common goal as well as supervise workflow in the warehouse. Safety training including Forklift and Pallet Jack certification is also required.
What you’ll do:
- Foster a positive work environment by communicating clearly and professionally with order selectors, fellow supervisors, and managers on a daily basis
- Ensure the warehouse is prepared for your team prior to the shift
- Utilize ERP software and various technology to assign and track orders
- Promote and facilitate a clean and safe working environment, and ensure the warehouse is clean and equipment is properly put away at the end of day
- Provide training for order selectors, including pallet construction, forklift certification, and pallet jack certification
What we look for…
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 12 months previous warehouse experience
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently with and without direct supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English in order to understand and process paperwork
- Ability to use and understand portable communications within a warehouse environment
- Ability to operate and monitor all equipment (forklifts, jacks, racks, flooring, trailers) responsibly
- Strong computer skills, preferably including good working knowledge of ERP systems
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
What you’ll gain…
- Competitive salary and benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program