EDCO Health Information Solutions is currently looking for a Service Desk Manager to join our team. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for the front-line technical support experience of all internal and external EDCO customers. The Service Desk team is responsible for maintaining ownership and visibility of ongoing support cases, ensuring customers are kept informed with a consistent point of contact, and escalating to other teams within the IT organization as needed. The manager is responsible for ensuring robust guidance is provided to direct and indirect reports and a strong inclination is exhibited towards governance frameworks and standardization.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for front-line Service Desk staff.
- Ensure team health across geographic dispersed locations.
- Identify areas of improvement for IT service delivery; strategically planning and managing these ideas to fruition.
- Partner with business stakeholders, IT management peers, and senior management in the delivery of service and application support.
- Oversee knowledge base content with a keen eye on enhancing end-user services.
- Ensure team members are meeting the requirements of their role and continuing to develop their technical and business skills in line with their current performance and potential.
- Leverage JIRA Service Desk platform to continually improve the operational dynamics of support.
- Review open support issues with the Service Desk team, on a recurring basis, ensuring commitment to the prevention of SLA breaches.
- Identify and report metrics on key performance indicators.
- Respond to infrequent, after-hour requests as necessary for Executive support.
- Travel approximately 3-4 times per year to other company locations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Take active responsibility for personal growth as a manager, by continuing your education or training, or seeking and trying new methods within teams.
- Are accountable to the behaviors and performance of your reports.
- Are the one sweeping the floors and taking out the trash when all your reports are busy.
- Take personal responsibility to taking action when observing room for improvement within the organization.
- Encourage team growth by delegating responsibilities strategically and aggressively.
- Have clear goals for your department and are visionary in meeting cross-functional expectations.
- Create or perpetuate an inclusive environment, by showing concern for success and well-being.
- Personify the collection of attributes you expect your reports to exhibit, by;
- Being transparent and unguarded in business interactions.
- Treating everyone equally and with respect. The value of an idea does not correlate to job titles.
- Being disciplined in commitment to policies, standards and procedures or the updating of such artifacts.
- Continually assesses and evaluates its behaviors for any need to update, abandon or completely overhaul processes.
- Is continually self-assessing commitment to excellence and self-correcting as needed.
- Takes on active leadership responsibilities by encouraging and supporting ideas and efforts towards process improvements and efficiencies.
- Has a robust understanding of your goals for the department, and engage enthusiastically when encountering cross-functional dynamics.
- Knows that you are intimately familiar with the organizational behaviors of your department.
- Can depend on you to engage in active dialog with the organization as a whole, leveraging existing methods (e.g., blog posts, project summaries, cross-functional collaboration), or developing new ones.
- Trusts that you value outcomes over processes.
- 3+ years of experience managing support teams, policies, workflows, and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience in IT required.
- Strong leadership capabilities leading a team of technicians. Be rigorous, detailed, and organized and able to influence team in this regard.
- ITIL, COBIT or other operational framework familiarity.
- Aptitude for, or robust experience, with Atlassian products, especially Jira Service Desk.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization skills, including ability to prioritize multiple tasks/workloads, delegate, and set and accomplish goals.
EDCO Health Information Solutions provides a combination of software, services, and process knowledge to optimize the management of health information in acute and ambulatory settings throughout North America. By leveraging Solarity technology, EDCO has enabled healthcare facilities to maximize efficiencies, reduce cost, and streamline health information to improve patient care. For more information, go to www.SolaritybyEDCO.com
EDCO is an equal opportunity employer.