The Affordable Development Associate is responsible for coordinating Low Income Housing Tax Credit, HOME, AHP, and other affordable housing funding applications, as well as zoning and entitlements with Local Governments. This position will assist Developers in underwriting, preparing applications, working with Local Governments to secure funding and obtain local approvals, and bring projects to closing in multiple states.
Duties and Responsibilities:
While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it must be understood that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Each employee is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling Flaherty & Collins Properties company objectives.
- Assist with LIHTC, HOME, AHP, and other affordable housing funding applications
- Preliminary underwriting of affordable housing deals
- Assist with due diligence for affordable housing transactions
- Coordinate requirements of various funding sources
- Coordinate historic preservation and environmental requirements
- Monitor and close out funding awards
- Have a strong understanding of how to navigate local government, to assist with zoning/entitlements