- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field or five or more years related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with EE is preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and donor relations
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; ability to produce professional reports and correspondences free of grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Commitment to excellence and high standards; acute attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance
- Proven ability to manage priorities and workflow with versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures, data entry, and strategic planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and iWork Suite
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Oral and Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Interpersonal skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Diversity and Ethics: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Dependability: Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
- Maintains a healthy relationship with God and an exemplary Christian testimony
- Maintains a healthy relationship with family members (i.e., spouse and children as applicable)
- Functions as a responsible member in good standing of a local church
- Participates in the EE ministry in a local church
- Reports to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Works closely with the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) office, CEO’s office, Development Coordinator, and various members of the Board of Directors
- Willing and able to cooperate with the leadership and policies of EE
- Relates well and communicates clearly with all EE staff and ministry contacts
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust or focus
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- The noise level in the work environment usually is quiet
FLSA: This position works out of the Arden, NC headquarters and is full-time, exempt, salary, Monday – Friday with flexible office hours.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.