Full-time with benefits
Tuition Assistance available
The Senior Residential Counselor is an important member of the Residential Team. The Senior Residential Counselor provides quality care to residents, supports the Residential Manager in coordinating day-to-day operations of the residential program, and acts as the manager on duty as assigned and appropriate. The Senior Residential Counselor assists with ensuring the safe and therapeutic treatment of residents in accordance with Gateway’s goals and certifying/regulatory bodies including OMH/OPWDD/HUD.
Direct Service Responsibilities
• Record, monitor, and review Individual Service Plans/Residential Habilitation Plans for assigned caseload.
o Record Progress Notes on a monthly basis on Individual Service Plan goals and objectives as well as an overall description of residents’ progress or lack of progress in program.
o Carry out specific program activities with residents in accordance with the established Individual Service Plan
o Ensure provisions of care are directly related to the Individual Service Plan and individualized plan of nursing services for any resident that requires it including medication administration.
• Work with residents and assigned caseload on goals and daily living skills to foster growth and independence per Individual Service Plans
o Train, assist, and monitor residents in social skills, personal budget development, preparation of weekly menu plans, food shopping, use of public transportation services, planning and implementing recreational activities or others areas needing assistance or support.
o Supervise residents in performing general housekeeping duties to ensure household cleanliness and safe living environment. Provide assistance and training as needed.
o Provide necessary transportation when public transportation is not available.
o Conduct visits as scheduled with residents.
o Counsel residents during crisis situations as needed. Advise the Residential Manager of crisis situations and report incidents per agency and regulatory requirements.
o Observe and record in the log book and case notes unusual behavior, incidents, medical problems, upcoming appointments, and any changes in residents’ programs.
• Maintain all medical, financial, and program records for assigned caseload.
o Ensure that medical documentation for assigned residents are up to date and properly documented and stored per agency and regulatory policy and procedure.
o Monitor financial records for assigned residents. Assist residents with usage of funds and in following agency and regulatory guidelines. Reports issues to the Residential Manager.
o Ensure records for all assigned residents are kept up to date. Submit Progress Notes in a timely manner. Document, submit, and store any resident incident reports in appropriate location.
o Conduct Health & Safety Inspections and Fire Drills of residence. Report concerns to the Residential Manager.
• Assist with appropriate managerial tasks under the supervision of the Residential Manager and/or Director of Residential Services.
• Act as shift leader when on duty and model behavior for Residential Counselors
• Monitor daily medication administration as assigned to ensure accuracy and report any issues to the Residential Manager.
• Assist with the daily staff scheduling of the residential program. Assist the Residential Manager in finding staff coverage as assigned.
• Under the direction of the Residential Manager, assist with staff training and orientation of new hires.
• As assigned by the Residential Manager, complete Quality Assurance file checks to ensure resident and other needed documentation is up to date and properly stored. Notify the Residential Manager of any concerns.
• Assist the Residential Manager in obtaining needed day program and/or clinical services for residents.
• Assist with monthly billing as assigned and under the supervision of Residential Management.
Health, Safety, & Compliance
• Maintain a work environment in a clean, organized, and safe manner. Conduct daily inspections of work areas to look for unsafe conditions
• Use all required safety devices and personal protective equipment. Train staff on all safe operating procedures and on the use of personal protective equipment
• Provide leadership and positive direction necessary for maintaining a safe work environment.
• Actively participate in and support employee participation in health and safety practices and accident prevention
• Ensure all accidents are reported to supervisor and Human Resources, thoroughly investigated, and properly documented. Investigate near-miss incidents to determine root cause to promote accident prevention.
• Be familiar with the Health & Safety Program and abide by all safety and health rules, work practices, and regulations.
• Demonstrate positive work attitudes and habits. Act as a role model for success of staff and residents
• Maintain a clean and neat appearance consistent with agency standards and act as a role model
• Attend all required meetings and trainings
• Participate in training programs for professional growth as scheduled and approved
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to Gateway Community Industries’ Corporate Compliance Policy and Standards of Conduct as well as all applicable program rules, regulations and policies. Keep abreast of any changes or modifications to policies or regulations. Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of applicable regulations, laws, and policies
• Perform other duties as assigned