Position: Field Engineer I-II
Immediate Supervisor: District Engineer
General Purpose of Position: Work on location to learn daily operations of completions servicing. Includes functions of all equipment, sand, chemicals, water testing, billing, reporting, and software. Provide insights and information to operations and client.
- Can effectively coordinate a job in the data van with little to no supervision.
- Knows the basic, but important functions of the computer software.
- Must be able to edit formulas, produce reports, graph, and assist and answer questions about the software.
- Assist service supervisors in tracking sand and chemicals to ensure proper delivery to the customer.
- Quality assurance for chemical calibration test for chemical additives.
- Operate the engineering station computer to provide real-time pressure and fracturing fluid monitoring, record data, produce reports and charts, and set-up job.
- Produce an invoice after every stage to invoice to the customer.
- Record all events on location into a log.
- Keep track of sand and chemical inventories and oversee the quality assurance and quality control of fluids, chemicals, and sand.
- Read and understand completion procedures.
- Complete post hydraulic fracturing reports.
Additional Job Duties:
- Provides on-the-job training and mentoring to a field engineer I.
- Helps the crew with equipment maintenance and the rig up and rig down processes.
- Answers any questions the customer may have about the job and software and provide advice through the use of industry application.
- Assist senior engineers in the preparation of plans, calculations, reporting, etc.
- Provide effective communication regarding continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work well with all parties to ensure a trouble-free environment.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree; engineering degree preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year experience in the field and has a good understand of the completions procedures, equipment, sand, and chemicals.
- Competency with Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
Environment: Frequent exposure to outdoor elements including wet, humid conditions and extreme heat or cold.