Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic HR Associate to join the National Human Resources (HR) team to execute on key local-level HR initiatives that support the Gotham Greens mission. This person will be a foundational early team member, contributing to the commissioning of our exciting vision for the Virginia region.
What You'll Do
- Work onsite at our Stevensburg, VA greenhouse managing the employee lifecycle in the region: recruiting, onboarding, training, and performance management.
- Advise leaders and frontline employees regarding company policies, values, and performance expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Partner with site level leadership to ensure HR practices support business objectives.
- Partner with our Employee Relations center of excellence on employee investigations and offboarding.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of Human Resources generalist and talent acquisition experience, preferably with exempt and non-exempt employee populations.
- Spanish Fluency required.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Consultative style and approach with the ability to develop credible relationships with local leadership.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.