High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous serving and/or bartending experience preferred. Must have ability to understand and apply written and verbal instruction.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the restaurant.
Restaurant servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as a restaurant server you will be expected to work with all guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction.
Must be able to work in all areas of the restaurant including, but not limited to, point of sale operations, payment exchange, beverage fulfillment and food delivery within dining areas. Position requires standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to life 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally. May work near toxic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles. Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a friendly demeanor at all times, be receptive to guest needs and maintain positive attitude during periods of heavy customer traffic
- Receive food orders, answer questions and maintain active communication with guests
- Process payments with general understanding of and ability to calculate basic math, make correct change, issue receipts and maintain cash drawer accounts correctly
- Attentive to details with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate expertise in food and beverage components and presentation
- Restock server station supplies ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift
- Willingness to cross-train and assist in related positions
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards and procedures as outlined in the Flagship Restaurant Group operations manual
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during service and clean-up
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Flagship Restaurant Group employee manual
- Abides by all brand standards and company policies and procedures
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations
- Greeting guests, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details and communicating specific customer needs to the chefs
- Maintaining proper dining experience and appropriate steps of service, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Assisting with special events as needed