We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
$2000 Sign On Bonus. This is s fulltime benefit eligible position.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The medical assistant position supports health care providers in the care of patients in a culturally diverse population within a clinic setting. This position provides direct patient services such as rooming, vitals, health information updates, scheduling of follow-up appointments, and health promotion activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room. Verifies patient information by interviewing the patient, reviews and/or records medical history; takes and documents vital signs; and confirms reason for visit.
- Sets up and assists with diagnostic or therapeutic procedures by providing examination gown and drape for patient, helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment, and arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Carries out provider orders, including lab draws, administering medications, scheduling follow-up appointments, immunizations, EKGs, spirometry, etc.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies.
- Perform cleaning and sterilization procedures that support infection control and OSHA standards.
- Document in electronic medical record in an accurate and confidential manner.
- Respond effectively to urgent or emergency situations.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator/freezer temperatures, eyewash stations, instrument sterilization logs, etc.)
- Sets priorities and organizes work to deliver safe and efficient patient care.
- Ensures smooth, efficient clinic flow.
- Monitors clinic safety and observance of standard precautions.
- Communicates with flow nurse regarding general work flow within the clinic and immediately notifies flow nurse or nursing supervisor of urgent concerns during the shift.
- Attends required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.