PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is an innovative technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed across the US.
As Director of Security Operations at PayNearMe, you will manage a team of seasoned security engineers and assist them in their efforts. You'll also work closely with the CISO to translate long term roadmaps from around the company into more manageable tasks for the team to implement. You'll also work closely with the audit program manager to ensure that our mature security program continues to meet all external requirements. Whenever someone on your team is on vacation, you’ll be the one to step up and fill in.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of security engineers and analysts
- Translate long term company and security program goals into a team roadmap
- Jump into almost any security project if one of your engineers needs some assistance
- Assist the audit program manager in collecting evidence
- Work with the product team to ensure features they need get an appropriate review from security
- Advocate for security around the company and uphold our positive security culture
Who we’re looking for:
- Engineering background including implementing security features
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Worked with a regulated (SOC2, ISO, PCI, etc.) security program
- Strong intra-company communication skills
- Good cross-domain security knowledge so you can provide implementation advice to your team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Proven ability to manage a geographically distributed team
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters
Great compensation package plus extensive benefits, including:
- Flexible, remote working opportunity
- Flexible and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.