The Scheduling Specialist provides direct scheduling support to Minnesota Community Care patients for medical, dental, mental health, and ancillary services provided at our clinics, including La Clinica, East Side Family Clinic, and McDonough Homes Clinic. This is a 0.5-1.0, benefits eligible position. This position requires you to be b. You must be willing to work evening (11am-7:30pm) and Saturday hours (until noon).
We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Answer inbound calls promptly and in a polite, professional manner.
- Schedule appointments per scheduling policies/procedures for medical, dental, mental health, and ancillary services.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into organization’s EHR.
- Verify insurance and provide information regarding Minnesota Community Care discount program.
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the organization by directly calls appropriately and using sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor or triage nurse.
- Make outbound calls to reschedule appointments, respond to provider, clinical staff, and Patient Portal requests to call patients.
- Provides patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization to customers (patients, families, vendors, coworkers) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participates and works positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a patient care team within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicates verbally and in writing with patients, coworkers, and the public.
- Knows, understands and adheres to organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, conducive to employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
About Minnesota Community Care
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Approximately 85% of our patients are people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latin@/x communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Perks of Working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement Fund opportunities after one year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- We provide internal clinical supervision for trainee level therapists as well as both peer and formal group consultation to all therapists in our system
- We offer generous CE reimbursement and provide excellent in-service training to optimize CE cost.
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.