Sr. Data Management Analyst are primarily responsible for working with IT Architects and the Senior IT Leadership to evaluate and implement solutions for business needs.
Primary focus is working within the Caris Life Sciences Operational Data environment on all phases of the systems lifecycle of an application development project and should develop an expert understanding of the data flow in the enterprise. This position requires expert ability in coding Microsoft SQL Server environment with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Leadership skills (in a technical capacity) to work with all phases of the data and report lifecycle from analysis, coding, to testing and implementation. Completes product technical design and prototyping, data and report, bug verification and resolution.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to gather strategic requirements, design and develop of data and reports.
- Provides technical direction in the area of specialty on major products.
- Formulates system concepts and architecture, specifies requirements, and develops implementation approaches.
- Interfaces with business data analysts to assist in capturing full requirements for change requests and defect resolution.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Able to communicate with programmers on complex projects.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of reports and associated data into production.
- Provides timely testing harnesses and documentation to support and facilitate the release of a high-quality product. Creates required technical documentation.
- Performs code fixes for documented defects, works as part of a collaborative team maintaining and enhancing multiple web applications.
- Continuously learns and applies best practices for application superiority and increased application performance while able to write and maintain elegant, maintainable source code.
- Provides technical/engineering support for existing data and reports delivery until the retirement of the data or report.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Computer Sciences, etc).
- 7+ years of experience in application programming in similar coding language as required for specific job function.
- Advanced knowledge and working experience in IT technologies and software, such as Iterative Application Development Methodology Skills, Web Development skills, Object Oriented Development.
- Possess Iterative Application Development Methodology Skills; Web Development Skills; Object Oriented Skills.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft SQL Server and all Microsoft services associated with SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of core Microsoft SQL Server and its operations.
- Ability to work independently solving application software problems.
- Ability to communicate with programmers on complex projects.
- Ability to work coordinate and execute application testing for complex applications.
- Candidates must have a strong background, advanced knowledge and working experience in IT technologies, security architecture and system life-cycle phases are recommended.
- Familiarity and past work experience with programming, testing, web development, Object Oriented Development, Iterative Application Development methodology skills.
- Conditions of Employment: Individual must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
- Strong background in script coding (Python, PHP, Perl etc.).
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Strong leadership, teaming/interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills are required.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
- Majority of work is performed in a desk/cubicle environment.
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Willingness to work overtime is required.
- Travel Required (Highlight One): Rarely Occasionally Frequently
- Weekends/Evenings/Holidays (Highlight One): No Yes, please explain:
Weekend/evening/holiday work may be required depending on business need.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.