- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing and a working vehicle.
- Ability to pass a drug screening and background check including, criminal, education, driving record, and social security verification.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively and creatively solve problems.
- Ability to follow directions, remain organized, and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows operating system.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull a depressible book truck weighing up to 245 lbs. full.
- Must use good judgment in contacting the Operations Supervisor when issues arise.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous custodial experience.
- Experience in handling hazardous materials, including cleaning agents and bodily fluid.
- Ability to meet established safety standards.
Computer, copier, fax machine, multi-line phone system, library vehicles, cleaning equipment and supplies including vacuum, mop, broom and chemicals, ladder, hand tools, floor buffer, one person lift and hand truck.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. May occasionally lift and/or move over 75 lbs. Employee must be able to work at floor level in tight spaces or climb a ladder or use a one person lift up to 20 feet in the air. Works mainly in normal heat and light conditions. Some exposure to unheated or air-conditioned areas. May work outdoors in extreme weather conditions. Work environment may be dusty or dirty with possible exposure to disagreeable odors and some hazardous conditions. Performs a variety of tasks in a single day, at several locations. Work requires a considerable amount of physical activity, including bending, lifting, and stooping.