The Director of Marketing oversees the Marketing needs of the Conservatory. Duties include establishing and implementing the vision of the department, acting as a liaison with outside marketing vendors, overseeing the daily operations of marketing staff and interns other marketing needs as assigned. The Director reports to the President/CEO. Skills required include: exceptional experience digital marketing; understanding of institutional marketing; strong written/oral communication and time management skills; and excellent customer service skills. This individual must show maturity and an ability to effectively communicate and follow the mission of the Conservatory and the policies of the President and Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Leads team to create and execute cross channel marketing plans including but not limited to email, website content, social media, traditional and digital advertising, and events
- Coordinates Marketing efforts in alignment with Student Services and Education Department needs and goals
- Works with staff to develop short and long-range strategies by platform in alignment with WCM Goals
- Creatively problem solves to address and prioritize internal and external opportunities and challenges related to Marketing development and execution
- Leads the management and maintenance of website, email and social channels
- Measures, analyzes, and tracks KPIs that assess marketing effectiveness across platforms in line with marketing industry and public media standards and delivers ongoing reporting for senior management.
- Designs and implements Conservatory wide Marketing plan in support of the Conservatorys Strategic Plan with input from the President/CEO.
- Maintains and distributes marketing metrics regularly.
- Coordinates campaigns with Development Department.
- Serves as liaison with marketing consultants.
- Oversees the creation of Conservatory digital content as needed for recruitment, donors, and gala executions
- Provides marketing support for Conservatory recruitment events, internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned.