This position is responsible for providing key insights and data to support strategic account acquisition and growth across all business segments. The ideal candidate has a knack for identifying relevant data and supporting content within sprawling data sets.
- Owner of Kettle Cuisines market research platform relationships, including but not limited to, Datassentials, NPD, Mintel and IRi.
- Reviews and analyzes industry reports, publications and portals for pertinent market and consumer intelligence, identifying white space where Kettle Cuisine could fill gaps in the market.
- Prepares quarterly retail summary report using IRi data dashboard compiled by Kainos.
- Tracks own brand sales initiatives within the Foodservice channel through Salesforce platform, driving incremental growth through new product launches and line extensions.
- Partners with Sales & Marketing leadership to build sales initiative dashboards within Salesforce, tracking progress against targets.
- Prepares quarterly decks including compelling, data driven sales analysis and market insights, building upon PowerPoint library.
- Prepares custom intelligence reports on target customers including data on growth initiatives, geography, pricing, menu platforms and associated relevant trends.
- Identifies and communicates relevant new product releases within the marketplace to Sales, Innovation and Supply Chain teams, helping to identify opportunities for growth.
- Provides data-driven content to support Social Media calendar, positioning Kettle Cuisine as a thought leader in the industry.
- Monitors annual marketing research budget, identifying reports and data subscriptions that may support the overall strategy of the organization.
- Monitors product lines of key competitors, identifying gaps in Kettle Cuisines portfolio.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is often not reviewed. Exercises discretion within area of responsibility.
- Advises others within the organization on matters within area of expertise.
- Receives customer questions and responds within prescribed areas of knowledge.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delay in work output.
- Position is not responsible for supervising or influencing the actions of others.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in a data heavy sales or marketing role, preferably in the food industry
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and work in teams, is required.
- Strong analytical, writing, critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills ( ability to present complex data analysis to internal stakeholders).
- Ability to recognize and communicate meaningful patterns in data.
- Ability to translate complex data sets into insights.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Category Insights and Analytics Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires little or no physical exertion.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee typically works in a normal office environment free from noise and hazards.
- This position has limited exposure to hazards that require the exercise of caution with little likelihood of injury.
- Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel does include out-of-state and overnight stays.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical and product management skills; comfortable with syndicated data as well disparate data/comfort with ambiguity and/or limited data.
- Strong knowledge of marketing fundamentals.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with a drive to do what is needed to deliver growth ability to think strategically, but not afraid of tactical execution; ability to work with limited resources.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Enthusiasm for consumer marketing
- Motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Ability to prioritize long and short-term projects and meet tight deadlines
- Independent, flexible and creative team player
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Passionate about food
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development We recognize and nurture each others talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.