The Project Manager Business Development is responsible managing the flow of projects across all Kettle Cuisine sites as they pass through the opportunity Discovery and Development stages of the companys stage-gate process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist VP of Marketing in maintainence and enhancements to Stage-Gate process, adhering to process flow and improving communication and efficiencies within the system.
- Maintain and continuously improve Opportunity Brief templates, optimizing measurement against defined hurdle rates and accuracy of data outputs.
- Support Sales Directors and VPs in opportunity measurement, identifying gaps to ensure briefs are tightly defined to inform solid decision making and seamless flow into Development stage.
- Coordinate Decision Maker voting for Like-As Discovery projects ahead of weekly Discovery meeting.
- Send detailed Discovery meeting notes with assigned follow-ups surrounding approved projects, tabled projects requiring more detail and rejected projects with rationale.
- Maintain and communicate landscape of projects across organization, detailing total number of projects, associated volume and revenue and split between production facilities.
- Lead weekly Development Meeting monitoring prgress and risks against operational constraints, timelines and task management, asigning responsible parties for follow-ups and sending notes and follow-ups in a timely manner.
- Load approved projects into NPD Portal, ensuring all data is complete and accurate against approved brief, working with responsible cross-functional team members to complete any information gaps.
- Work alongside Director of Corporate Accounts to manage associated tasks and timelines for contract RFPs.
- Work alongside Commercialization Project Manager to define timelines based on project paraments such as format, regulatory requirements, raw material and packaging constraints and process trialing needs.
- Liaise with Sales team to define prioritization of outstanding tasks across full project load, monitoring progress against deadlines, alerting appropriate team members of risks against plan and updated portal timelines as needed.
- Prepare weekly risk assessment reports, highlighting outstanding tasks, risks to timeline and other hurdles brought forward against specific projects.
- Prepare weekly KPI report highlighting high-probability volume funnel not yet built into demand plan for use in S&OP meeting for forward-looking capacity planning.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with little supervision, but work is reviewed. Exercises discretion within area of responsibility.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Position makes indirect contribution to efforts that generate moderate levels of revenue.
- Decisions or actions may have a moderate impact on other departments and/or external relationships of the organization. Errors are usually detected after the fact and may result in moderate interruption and delay in work output.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management or Operations Management.
- 2-3 years of or project management experience required.
- Project management and/or CRM software skills a plus.
- Broad knowledge of food production industry preferred.
- Previous experience managing accuracy of data, data entry, and document/record management required
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve through collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Conscientious, accurate, detail oriented, organized team player
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/processes
- Willing to learn and accept changing priorities - Adept at meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Marketing Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work requires little or no physical exertion.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee typically works in a normal corporate or home office environment free from noise and hazards.
- This position has limited exposure to hazards that require the exercise of caution with little likelihood of injury.
- Less than 25% travel is required for this position. Travel may include out-of-state and overnight stays.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Self-starter able to conceptualize and drive initiatives forward
- Enthusiasm for consumer marketing
- Motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Ability to prioritize long and short-term projects and meet tight deadlines
- Independent, flexible and creative team player
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Passionate about food
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development We recognize and nurture each others talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship