Under the clinical direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Physician performs various patient care duties in accordance with the needs and scope of T.H.E. Clinic’s, Inc. This individual must be one who thrives in an environment centered on values of respect, integrity, compassion, confidentiality and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with specific medical, clinical and programmatic operations; counsels patients regarding their health; prepares reports and summaries as necessary.
- Participates in and facilitates care of patients; performs patient physical examinations and obtains accurate medical histories; reviews health records and assesses medical conditions; completes clinical resumes, progress notes and orders.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as delineated by medical privileges, including initiation of emergency stabilization; records and presents data to the supervising physician or specialty provider when appropriate; refers patients for outpatient specialty testing to facilitate prompt evaluation and treatment as needed
- Instructs and counsels patients pertaining to their physical and mental health, including diets, social habits, medications, and treatment of injury or illness and follow-up care; provides health information to patients and their families as necessary.
- Participates in outpatient clinical duties, and assists with communications to referring specialty physicians;
- Provides clinical supervision to Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners/Medical Students or other Externs/Interns as assigned.
- Participates in various educational speaking engagements or outreach activities when required.
- Maintains working knowledge of departmental policies and procedures, participates in peer review and quality improvement, participates in departmental meetings. Assists and attend conferences
- Maintains current licensure, participate in on-going continuing medical education
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk, listen or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Description Disclaimer
This position requires compliance with Health Center’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct and policies and procedures ("Written Standards"). Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Physician’s regular performance evaluation.
Failure to comply with Health Center’s Written Standards, which may include the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements or Health Center’s Written Standards, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance with Health Center’s Compliance Program Policy and Procedure.
I have reviewed and understand the job functions required of me for the position in employment with T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. I understand that T.H.E. Clinic, Inc. reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.