Based near Grand Rapids, Michigan. Facilities Resource Group is looking for plumbing professionals who want to work independently, travel, and learn new innovative skills in tankless water heating and other hydronic solutions.
Supported by a professional and enthusiastic home team, FRG offers opportunities for growth and advancement in the commercial plumbing field. FRG will provide training, mentors, and guidance to help you advance your career.
This position requires travel throughout the United States. The Plumbing Apprentice may work 15-30 hours of overtime per week when traveling out of town. Additional paid time off is earned for extended travel. All travel expenses are paid by the company and a generous per diem is allocated for food during travel
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with and assist senior plumber in repairs in installation and repairs.
- Follow directions of field and office support team.
- Determine and use appropriate equipment, tools, and materials to install systems or fix issues, leaks, and malfunctioning systems.
- Cut copper or PVC pipe, identify plumbing fittings, use ProPress, gather materials for senior plumber(s).
- Help identify and locate leaks and make necessary repairs.
- Be proactive with "what comes next" when encountering similar jobs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel nation-wide, work off-shift hours, and work overtime.
- Good driving record and willing to obtain chauffeur or CDL license with DOT Med card.
- Good mechanical aptitude - enjoys working with hands, hand tools, and power tools.
- Ability to use various tools to assemble or repair plumbing systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with others.
- Ability to handle the physical demands of the job.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Computer/tech skills including basic Excel spreadsheets, photography, email, and text messaging.
- Must pass pre-employment screenings including motor vehicle record, background check, and drug test.
- Minimum 1 year of commercial plumbing experience.
- Ability to drive pick-up trucks and pull trailers
- Problem-solving skills.
- Own your own hand tools.
- Ability to handle pressure and demonstrate a "can do" attitude.