The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or abilities required for the job:
- Skill in handling fragile/breakable objects.
- Ability to operate and use tools and equipment used to clean laboratory glassware.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
- Basic math skills; proficiency with 10-key calculator.
- Effective planning & organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of general office skills and administrative procedures, including, but not limited to: typing (min. 45-50 wpm), filing, copying, faxing, editing, and development of memos, letters, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
- Ability to comply with Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and/or
- Minimum 1 year experience in an FDA regulated industry; or
- Minimum 1 or more years of work experience in a fast-paced work environment; or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities during the course of work:
- May be exposed to an environment that involves exposure to unpleasant and noxious fumes and odors. Personal Protective Equipment provided as necessary.
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
- Communicates orally with management, employees, co-workers, vendors, suppliers, governmental compliance agencies, and the general public by telephone or in person, in one-on-one or group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone, computer (e-mail) and fax for communication.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time during the course of work shift.
- Routinely required to stoop, bend, kneel, lift, and reach, in the performance of job function.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and hearing.
- Requires agility to operate multiple telephone lines with the use of hands and head-set.
- Lifting limitations for this position: 25-30 lbs.
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as needed.
- Requires incumbent to sit and operate computer for extended periods of time during course of work day, and the ability to proficiently use the computer key-board for typing.
- Noise level for this work environment is typically low to moderate.
- Periods of odoriferous environment.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify, update, change and/or make corrections to this job description, at the sole discretion of senior management, at any time during the employees employment term, at the sole discretion of management.