PURPOSE: Assist in the menu planning, purchasing, and preparation for the camp kitchen. Assist in maintaining health and safety standards in the dining hall according to Girl Scout, the State of NC, and American Camp Association (ACA) standards.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Kitchen Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Kitchen Assistants and Dish Divas
SALARY RANGE: $275-$400 a week (5 or 6-day work week) live on or off property.
- Assist in the preparation, cooking, and serving of food.
- Duties may include:
- Menu planning
- Ordering food and maintaining food service budget
- Maintaining sanitary kitchen
- Washing pots and pans
- Cleaning stove, sinks, and work areas
- Seeing that food is properly stored and dated
- Helping with end-of-season inventory, cleaning, and storage
- Supervising packing and distribution of food for cookouts and special occasions.