PURPOSE: To provide quality supervision, support, and planning for high ropes course, cooperation course, archery, arts and crafts programming.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Camp Director
SALARY RANGE: $275-$350 a week (6-day work week)
- Set up ropes courses, craft, and archery range prior to and during staff training
- Participate in pre-camp training and opening of camp; complete pre-camp assignments as required.
- Serve as a driver for off-site trips, campers with special needs, and other program activities as needed.
- Ensure that program components are consistent with the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and what is stated in the camp brochure.
- Attend, participate in, and conduct staff meetings, workshops and other programs as requested.
- Teach staff their responsibilities in activity area during staff training.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment at the Cooperation Course, Phoenix Tower, Archery Range, and Craft area.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety.
- Check equipment and make, or file for, repairs.
- Conduct daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Write (with the help of program specialists) and check lesson plans for assigned activities.
- Follow and enforce standard rules applicable to activity areas.
- Submit orders for equipment and/or supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Assist in packing all supplied and materials when season ends.
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and programs for the following season.
- Adapt program as needed for participants with special needs.
- Keep Camp Director informed of day-to-day operational successes and concerns.
- Assist with implementing All Camp events.
- Participate in staff team efforts displaying a positive and cooperative attitude.